Wetsuit Help

Former Member
Former Member
Hi everyone, I am doing my first open water swim (1 mile) at the end of September in Rhode Island. I have never swam with a wetsuit before and have no clue what to purchase. I would like to use a shorty but am not sure if that would be warm enough. It looks like the water temp is right around 70 at that time. Also, would I have to get something like a triathlon wetsuit or would a dive wetsuit be fine? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Parents
  • If you do decide to swim with a wetsuit (you don't need it), ensure you practice first, in a pool. See how it feels. Alternatively, perhaps a company will be renting wetsuits (you don't need one) for the event, in which case you can try them out there w/o dropping a load of cash. 70 is a beautiful temperature for a mile swim. Enjoy the water.
  • If you do decide to swim with a wetsuit (you don't need it), ensure you practice first, in a pool. See how it feels. Alternatively, perhaps a company will be renting wetsuits (you don't need one) for the event, in which case you can try them out there w/o dropping a load of cash. 70 is a beautiful temperature for a mile swim. Enjoy the water.
Children
No Data