Anyone planning to do the Great South Bay Cross-Bay Swim?

This year will be my third time! Getting pumped up! (For those who want to know what this is so as to try it next year--sold out this year--here's the link: www.greatsouthbayswim.com) Would love to touch base with other swimmers! This year I'm training w/ a great coach who has a lot of experience with IM tri's and long open water swims--it's hard work but very exciting just to discover capacities that have been dormant for a couple years. This swim is special to me b/c it's in a bay where I took so many childhood swimming lessons and starts on Fire Island which is one of my favorite places! It's just an immensely well organized swim--and for a great cause! So hopefully if any of you are planning to go, I'd enjoy hearing from you!
Parents
  • I was able to send a proxy both times, in '07 and '10--my cousin lives in the area, and they were fine with her going to the meeting for me. This year, maybe I'll go, since it's a train trip there and I'd go back the next day. But yes, I had concerns about that, and once I explained that my cousin was willing to attend for me, they said that was okay. I wonder if it's that they want to know you have someone specific in mind--at first, I was told I needed to go myself, until I explained about my cousin. I wish they had the meeting the night before, though, as it would help those who might have to travel a great distance--or have it as a webinar. When I did an NYC Swim event, they offered the option of a webinar, I think--or something along those lines.
  • I was able to send a proxy both times, in '07 and '10--my cousin lives in the area, and they were fine with her going to the meeting for me. This year, maybe I'll go, since it's a train trip there and I'd go back the next day. But yes, I had concerns about that, and once I explained that my cousin was willing to attend for me, they said that was okay. I wonder if it's that they want to know you have someone specific in mind--at first, I was told I needed to go myself, until I explained about my cousin. I wish they had the meeting the night before, though, as it would help those who might have to travel a great distance--or have it as a webinar. When I did an NYC Swim event, they offered the option of a webinar, I think--or something along those lines.
Children
No Data