What goes through your mind?

Out of curiosity, what goes through your mind during long swims? I had to laugh yesterday while doing a 3 hour that at the end of it, I was more boredthan physically tired. I have to find another, longer venue to do these. 25 yards at a time is mind-numbing. But looking back, I have no idea what I was thinking about for that long, other than occasional 100 time checks during longer sets and watching form.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    I think the mental game is almost as important as the physical. Meditation greatly boosted my performance. You become able to focus (and re-focus!), and manage your thoughts for better. I took classes online (hackself,org) but you can do it in person too (tm). Just be consistent. I do it for 10 mins a day. It makes my day a lot better too haha
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    I think the mental game is almost as important as the physical. Meditation greatly boosted my performance. You become able to focus (and re-focus!), and manage your thoughts for better. I took classes online (hackself,org) but you can do it in person too (tm). Just be consistent. I do it for 10 mins a day. It makes my day a lot better too haha
Children
No Data