What goes through your mind?

Out of curiosity, what goes through your mind during long swims? I had to laugh yesterday while doing a 3 hour that at the end of it, I was more boredthan physically tired. I have to find another, longer venue to do these. 25 yards at a time is mind-numbing. But looking back, I have no idea what I was thinking about for that long, other than occasional 100 time checks during longer sets and watching form.
Parents
  • So anohter question for my distance peeps, how are you balancing the distance with speed in workouts? During some of these monotonous laps, I've realized recently that I've gotten into a pattern of a steady speed/rate that I can go all day on. That's great for the long haul, but speed work days, I find myself doing the same speed intervals as distance days. I realized I'm not pushing it like I hsould to improve, y'know? It's almost as if my mind has it set on a certain stroke rate and it's so hard to break out of that mindset. I'm conserving for the end of practice when I should be pushing it so that I get faster in the long run.
  • So anohter question for my distance peeps, how are you balancing the distance with speed in workouts? During some of these monotonous laps, I've realized recently that I've gotten into a pattern of a steady speed/rate that I can go all day on. That's great for the long haul, but speed work days, I find myself doing the same speed intervals as distance days. I realized I'm not pushing it like I hsould to improve, y'know? It's almost as if my mind has it set on a certain stroke rate and it's so hard to break out of that mindset. I'm conserving for the end of practice when I should be pushing it so that I get faster in the long run.
Children
No Data