What goes through your mind?

Out of curiosity, what goes through your mind during long swims? I had to laugh yesterday while doing a 3 hour that at the end of it, I was more boredthan physically tired. I have to find another, longer venue to do these. 25 yards at a time is mind-numbing. But looking back, I have no idea what I was thinking about for that long, other than occasional 100 time checks during longer sets and watching form.
Parents
  • I pray a lot during my OW swims. When going for 2,3,4+ hours with only a break every 30 minutes to feed, there is a lot of time for reflection. :angel: I occasional feel badfor my kayaker (baking in the sun, having to prepare my feeds and document swim-related stats, etc), but then I snap back to reality and keep plugging along. Some people count backwards to keep the mind sharp and gauge mental status, but I just go through the 27 books of the New Testament (some day I'll memorize the 39 OT books). I have to admit that I don't really think too much about the swim itself, although I will occasionally focus on technique if I have a strain pop up. I really like the time in the water, "unplugged" and just moving. :bliss:
  • I pray a lot during my OW swims. When going for 2,3,4+ hours with only a break every 30 minutes to feed, there is a lot of time for reflection. :angel: I occasional feel badfor my kayaker (baking in the sun, having to prepare my feeds and document swim-related stats, etc), but then I snap back to reality and keep plugging along. Some people count backwards to keep the mind sharp and gauge mental status, but I just go through the 27 books of the New Testament (some day I'll memorize the 39 OT books). I have to admit that I don't really think too much about the swim itself, although I will occasionally focus on technique if I have a strain pop up. I really like the time in the water, "unplugged" and just moving. :bliss:
Children
No Data