St. John Beach-to-Beach Power Swim

Hello! Has anyone on this forum ever done this swim, or is there anyone who is planning on doing it in 2014? I am doing it this year for the first time and I just wanted to see who else out there has been involved in this swim. I'm really looking forward to it!!! -Courtney
Parents
  • Hi, flystorms! I forgot to pack my racing suit and was so mad at myself (4 tankinis in my bag...but no racing suit!). I couldn't find anything suitable (hehe) besides a rash guard that I bought on St. John (which I had to wear with my sports bra), and it really chafed me up, even with bodyglide. It was kind of hard to not think of how much it hurt every time I took a stroke. But otherwise, yes, it was awesome! I saw a couple of stingrays out there :) The water was beautiful, but actually much rougher than I expected at some points. The race was the last full day of my trip so I couldn't do the recovery boat thing the next day (which I guess is a new thing this year.) I'm curious how that was. I'm hoping I can make it down again within the next couple of years for the race. Such a great experience! All of the volunteers and other participants were so nice. And the after-party was fun too - as we were walking down to it, there was a flash mob going on to "Happy" :) Hope to meet you there one of these years! Thanks for your tips and encouragement. Take care! Courtney
  • Hi, flystorms! I forgot to pack my racing suit and was so mad at myself (4 tankinis in my bag...but no racing suit!). I couldn't find anything suitable (hehe) besides a rash guard that I bought on St. John (which I had to wear with my sports bra), and it really chafed me up, even with bodyglide. It was kind of hard to not think of how much it hurt every time I took a stroke. But otherwise, yes, it was awesome! I saw a couple of stingrays out there :) The water was beautiful, but actually much rougher than I expected at some points. The race was the last full day of my trip so I couldn't do the recovery boat thing the next day (which I guess is a new thing this year.) I'm curious how that was. I'm hoping I can make it down again within the next couple of years for the race. Such a great experience! All of the volunteers and other participants were so nice. And the after-party was fun too - as we were walking down to it, there was a flash mob going on to "Happy" :) Hope to meet you there one of these years! Thanks for your tips and encouragement. Take care! Courtney
Children
No Data