St. John Beach-to-Beach Power Swim

Hello! Has anyone on this forum ever done this swim, or is there anyone who is planning on doing it in 2014? I am doing it this year for the first time and I just wanted to see who else out there has been involved in this swim. I'm really looking forward to it!!! -Courtney
Parents
  • The post race food and beer (yum!) are on the same beach as the finish, just a short walk down. Bring some cash with you since the food isn't included and yes, there is plenty for those who are with you there as well. People are watching the others come into the finish. Once everyone is in (I believe there's a cutoff) they'll announce the winners and hand out awards (maybe around 1-ish). From what I remember, there's a 1-3 overall in men/women in each distance and then the 1st place in the two age group brackets also get an award. There's a huge board they manually post the winners as they come in. Last year each award was a nice, blown glass creation made by locals. There was parking available, but it was limited. One of our guys had his wife take the car. She dropped us off at the beginning of the race and piddled around a while before heading to the finish where she parked nearby. It was a short walk. There were also plenty of taxis running back and forth between the parking or the ferry area and the race finish. There isnt' much info on the site (I commented on that last year) and they said they sent emails but I don't think I ever got them. In any case, there's plenty of room and space for your cheering section to enjoy the beachside and play in the water while you're finishing. Good luck this weekend and have a great time! I'm so excited for you! You're going to have a amazing experience. Remember to keep swimming and not pull a Dory (from Finding Nemo) and get distracted by all the beautiful scenery under the water. Just relax as soon as you get off the plane and enjoy the ride! Let me know how you do!
  • The post race food and beer (yum!) are on the same beach as the finish, just a short walk down. Bring some cash with you since the food isn't included and yes, there is plenty for those who are with you there as well. People are watching the others come into the finish. Once everyone is in (I believe there's a cutoff) they'll announce the winners and hand out awards (maybe around 1-ish). From what I remember, there's a 1-3 overall in men/women in each distance and then the 1st place in the two age group brackets also get an award. There's a huge board they manually post the winners as they come in. Last year each award was a nice, blown glass creation made by locals. There was parking available, but it was limited. One of our guys had his wife take the car. She dropped us off at the beginning of the race and piddled around a while before heading to the finish where she parked nearby. It was a short walk. There were also plenty of taxis running back and forth between the parking or the ferry area and the race finish. There isnt' much info on the site (I commented on that last year) and they said they sent emails but I don't think I ever got them. In any case, there's plenty of room and space for your cheering section to enjoy the beachside and play in the water while you're finishing. Good luck this weekend and have a great time! I'm so excited for you! You're going to have a amazing experience. Remember to keep swimming and not pull a Dory (from Finding Nemo) and get distracted by all the beautiful scenery under the water. Just relax as soon as you get off the plane and enjoy the ride! Let me know how you do!
Children
No Data