St. John Beach-to-Beach Power Swim

Hello! Has anyone on this forum ever done this swim, or is there anyone who is planning on doing it in 2014? I am doing it this year for the first time and I just wanted to see who else out there has been involved in this swim. I'm really looking forward to it!!! -Courtney
Parents
  • Hi, thanks for the reply - I'm just seeing it now! Thanks for the tip on the sighting. Do you go into each bay and back out if you're going to Trunk or Hawksnest? I signed up for the 2.something (Trunk). I'm a little worried about sea creatures, haha - I'm of the mind that ignorance (opaque water) is bliss :) But my real concern is overheating. I know it's early in the morning so it should be a little cooler, but the water has got to be pretty warm for racing, right? How was it for you? I know, I love St. John!! I've been several times before but this is my first time doing the swim. I'm actually going to be there on vacation the week before the race. Hopefully I won't sit on my butt so much or consume so many painkillers that I can't compete! :)
  • Hi, thanks for the reply - I'm just seeing it now! Thanks for the tip on the sighting. Do you go into each bay and back out if you're going to Trunk or Hawksnest? I signed up for the 2.something (Trunk). I'm a little worried about sea creatures, haha - I'm of the mind that ignorance (opaque water) is bliss :) But my real concern is overheating. I know it's early in the morning so it should be a little cooler, but the water has got to be pretty warm for racing, right? How was it for you? I know, I love St. John!! I've been several times before but this is my first time doing the swim. I'm actually going to be there on vacation the week before the race. Hopefully I won't sit on my butt so much or consume so many painkillers that I can't compete! :)
Children
No Data