2014 races?

The season is just over and I'm itching to get ready for next year's OW races. I'm not sure which ones I'll do. Which races are you eyeballing or earmarking for next year? Are they races you're doing again or new adventures?
Parents
  • Okay so I'm about 90% there for doing the Swim Around Key West. Working out the training timeline to be sure. BUT... and this sounds so silly... I'm thinking ahead of the logistics for my paddlers. I have two wonderful girlfriends who have more than jumped at the opportunity to paddle for me in a tandem kayak. My biggest concern... you'll laugh... is logistically, how do we work out potty breaks for them? Do they paddle ahead of me a bit, slide off the kayak and do their business, then climb back on? It'll be about a 6 hour race for me, I think. We've been talking about this and laughing. I see we can get either a sit on top or regular kayak, but talking through this, we think the sit on top might work best considering this situation. Funny thing, is that we've all done long adventure races, but have never thought through this kind of situation, especially since they're supporting and guiding me. LOL! Thoughts? - Kari
  • Okay so I'm about 90% there for doing the Swim Around Key West. Working out the training timeline to be sure. BUT... and this sounds so silly... I'm thinking ahead of the logistics for my paddlers. I have two wonderful girlfriends who have more than jumped at the opportunity to paddle for me in a tandem kayak. My biggest concern... you'll laugh... is logistically, how do we work out potty breaks for them? Do they paddle ahead of me a bit, slide off the kayak and do their business, then climb back on? It'll be about a 6 hour race for me, I think. We've been talking about this and laughing. I see we can get either a sit on top or regular kayak, but talking through this, we think the sit on top might work best considering this situation. Funny thing, is that we've all done long adventure races, but have never thought through this kind of situation, especially since they're supporting and guiding me. LOL! Thoughts? - Kari
Children
No Data