Buildup to first 10k

You peeps are a great resource so I would love your input for the last 2 months of training before my first 10k (roughly) in Oct. I've done a couple 5k's now this year and am loving the distance and OW swimming!! My background is (was) in ultra running so I figured I'd apply similar logic to buildup and taper for this distance in swimming as well (several buildup weeks, a lower week, then build again to almost the race distance). Also, I'm doing 4-5k, 3-4x/week with the team during the week on regular drills etc. These Sunday swims I'm just doing the mileage, learning the best time to drink/eat, etc. Thoughts? Am I over-thinking? Any other advice? Thanks in advance. :) I did 7k (longest to date) last Sunday and felt pretty good. Here's the rest of the Sundays until 10/5 8/11 7.5k 8/18 8k 8/25 6.5k 9/1 7.5k 9/8 8k 9/15 8.5k 9/22 9k 9/29 5-6k 10/5 Race
Parents
  • One more quick question.... on days I can't get the full time done in one chunk, does splitting the long workout actually make a differrence or help? So if I could get 4000 done in the morning and the other 5k in the evening, I guess this is better than just one, even though there's signficant "rest" in between. Would you do something different with these, such as speed in the a.m. and long/easy in the evening? Thanks in advance!
  • One more quick question.... on days I can't get the full time done in one chunk, does splitting the long workout actually make a differrence or help? So if I could get 4000 done in the morning and the other 5k in the evening, I guess this is better than just one, even though there's signficant "rest" in between. Would you do something different with these, such as speed in the a.m. and long/easy in the evening? Thanks in advance!
Children
No Data