Nearly taking a nap while swimming

Former Member
Former Member
There are times when I close my eyes while cruising across a quiet lake and dam near fall asleep, I guess I go into some meditative state. I am sure there must be some distance swimmers who swim much farther than I who might experience this. Is it the swim zone?:bed: Is it possible to go into some autoswimm and somewhat doze off?
Parents
  • Hi there - thanks for asking this. I experience the same thing, usually while in the middle of long aerobic sets - always have, as far back as I can recall. Out of curiosity, I googled around to see if I could find anyone with this experience. Answers ranged from dehydration to oxygen deprivation/CO2 build up to electrolyte/vitamin imbalance to sleep deprivation to hypoglycemia. While none of these seemed very applicable to my personal situation, I might possibly entertain a contribution of O2 dep/CO2 build up, given that it's an aerobic set. But it's a mystery to me, and I'd love to hear if others experience this or have any knowledge of actual research done on the topic.
  • Hi there - thanks for asking this. I experience the same thing, usually while in the middle of long aerobic sets - always have, as far back as I can recall. Out of curiosity, I googled around to see if I could find anyone with this experience. Answers ranged from dehydration to oxygen deprivation/CO2 build up to electrolyte/vitamin imbalance to sleep deprivation to hypoglycemia. While none of these seemed very applicable to my personal situation, I might possibly entertain a contribution of O2 dep/CO2 build up, given that it's an aerobic set. But it's a mystery to me, and I'd love to hear if others experience this or have any knowledge of actual research done on the topic.
Children
No Data