Water Temp v wetsuit

Tried my new wetsuit out at the Y. Water temp around 80. Works very well, but too warm to do much of a workout. Question: What water temp would be the line for wetsuit or no wetsuit? Is there a temp set by the event?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 12 years ago
    btw, from what I understand you do 99% of your training in a pool. to me thats nutso, but to me that makes your cool water swims impressive because i do know the benefits of cold water training. Thanks. When I lived in Santa Barbara for nearly 20 years it was ocean swimming and surfing, with a little training in Los Banos and the Carpinteria pool. I even lived right on Rincon Point for a year, but had to move when I gort married. :-( At least the moving part was sad.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 12 years ago
    btw, from what I understand you do 99% of your training in a pool. to me thats nutso, but to me that makes your cool water swims impressive because i do know the benefits of cold water training. Thanks. When I lived in Santa Barbara for nearly 20 years it was ocean swimming and surfing, with a little training in Los Banos and the Carpinteria pool. I even lived right on Rincon Point for a year, but had to move when I gort married. :-( At least the moving part was sad.
Children
No Data