Water Temp v wetsuit

Tried my new wetsuit out at the Y. Water temp around 80. Works very well, but too warm to do much of a workout. Question: What water temp would be the line for wetsuit or no wetsuit? Is there a temp set by the event?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 12 years ago
    cold water is not uncomfortable. You are a walrus, goo goo a'gjoo lol. you are a triathlete at heart, gear gear mo'gear "Lennon composed the song by combining three songs he had been working on. When he learned that a teacher at his old primary school was having his students analyse Beatles' lyrics, he added a verse of nonsense words. The walrus is a reference to the walrus in Lewis Carroll's poem The Walrus and the Carpenter (from the book Through the Looking-Glass). Lennon expressed dismay upon belatedly realising that the walrus was a villain in the poem." btw, from what I understand you do 99% of your training in a pool. to me thats nutso, but to me that makes your cool water swims impressive because i do know the benefits of cold water training. hats off to you, sincerely! best wishes on your swims/fundraisng.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 12 years ago
    cold water is not uncomfortable. You are a walrus, goo goo a'gjoo lol. you are a triathlete at heart, gear gear mo'gear "Lennon composed the song by combining three songs he had been working on. When he learned that a teacher at his old primary school was having his students analyse Beatles' lyrics, he added a verse of nonsense words. The walrus is a reference to the walrus in Lewis Carroll's poem The Walrus and the Carpenter (from the book Through the Looking-Glass). Lennon expressed dismay upon belatedly realising that the walrus was a villain in the poem." btw, from what I understand you do 99% of your training in a pool. to me thats nutso, but to me that makes your cool water swims impressive because i do know the benefits of cold water training. hats off to you, sincerely! best wishes on your swims/fundraisng.
Children
No Data