Water Temp v wetsuit

Tried my new wetsuit out at the Y. Water temp around 80. Works very well, but too warm to do much of a workout. Question: What water temp would be the line for wetsuit or no wetsuit? Is there a temp set by the event?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 12 years ago
    it seems implausible to me that Trudy did not at least drink some water. so i only half believe that newspaper report. maybe NYCswims has additional historical accounts such a swim log, debriefings or diary pages from her support crew. on the other hand, Lisa Bier did fanatical research for her book. on the otherhand, Bier may have written book out of sociological interest, plus she simply may not have had been endurance athlete herself, or had enough exposure to our crowd for the no-food statement to have raised a red flag. regardless, if one reads accounts of survival such as Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand, it is clear that people are capable of far more than what seems reasonable. so maybe Trudy did swim it without food/liquids. I think Mr NYC Swim has some incredible video footage of Gertie... and indeed some of it contradicts what was reported. thanks. online? where?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 12 years ago
    it seems implausible to me that Trudy did not at least drink some water. so i only half believe that newspaper report. maybe NYCswims has additional historical accounts such a swim log, debriefings or diary pages from her support crew. on the other hand, Lisa Bier did fanatical research for her book. on the otherhand, Bier may have written book out of sociological interest, plus she simply may not have had been endurance athlete herself, or had enough exposure to our crowd for the no-food statement to have raised a red flag. regardless, if one reads accounts of survival such as Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand, it is clear that people are capable of far more than what seems reasonable. so maybe Trudy did swim it without food/liquids. I think Mr NYC Swim has some incredible video footage of Gertie... and indeed some of it contradicts what was reported. thanks. online? where?
Children
No Data