Water Temp v wetsuit

Tried my new wetsuit out at the Y. Water temp around 80. Works very well, but too warm to do much of a workout. Question: What water temp would be the line for wetsuit or no wetsuit? Is there a temp set by the event?
Parents
  • in your original post, that qualification would have gone a long way Hmm. I'd put it this way: They are a crutch regardless of distance. In short-distance OW races with separate categories, the distinction is self-evident. However, in solo marathon swims it can prove tempting to "make up your own rules" and then elide this fact when reporting to the media your unprecedented feat of "marathon swimming."
  • in your original post, that qualification would have gone a long way Hmm. I'd put it this way: They are a crutch regardless of distance. In short-distance OW races with separate categories, the distinction is self-evident. However, in solo marathon swims it can prove tempting to "make up your own rules" and then elide this fact when reporting to the media your unprecedented feat of "marathon swimming."
Children
No Data