Water Temp v wetsuit

Tried my new wetsuit out at the Y. Water temp around 80. Works very well, but too warm to do much of a workout. Question: What water temp would be the line for wetsuit or no wetsuit? Is there a temp set by the event?
Parents
  • On this basis neoprene caps should be allowed. I'm sure Ederle and others would have used them if they were available, and would find it comical that they are banned by all channel associations. The Farallon Islands organization allows them. Based on your description of the research, it sounds like their performance benefit over the course of a channel swim is possibly non-existent? Anyone attempting the Farallons has probably trained away the first-immersion shock anyway...
  • On this basis neoprene caps should be allowed. I'm sure Ederle and others would have used them if they were available, and would find it comical that they are banned by all channel associations. The Farallon Islands organization allows them. Based on your description of the research, it sounds like their performance benefit over the course of a channel swim is possibly non-existent? Anyone attempting the Farallons has probably trained away the first-immersion shock anyway...
Children
No Data