Water Temp v wetsuit

Tried my new wetsuit out at the Y. Water temp around 80. Works very well, but too warm to do much of a workout. Question: What water temp would be the line for wetsuit or no wetsuit? Is there a temp set by the event?
Parents
  • But no one is arguing to change anything. ... Every open water swim I do that allows wetsuits either (1) renders the wearer ineligible for an award or (2) has separate divisions. I'm not talking about short-distance OW races with separate categories. I'm talking about marathon swimming (in particular, solo marathon swimming). Your confusion of the two seems to indicate you have no idea what you're talking about with regard to the latter. I guess I just am not sure why people who only do OW swimming care what people who do tris wear in the water I don't.
  • But no one is arguing to change anything. ... Every open water swim I do that allows wetsuits either (1) renders the wearer ineligible for an award or (2) has separate divisions. I'm not talking about short-distance OW races with separate categories. I'm talking about marathon swimming (in particular, solo marathon swimming). Your confusion of the two seems to indicate you have no idea what you're talking about with regard to the latter. I guess I just am not sure why people who only do OW swimming care what people who do tris wear in the water I don't.
Children
No Data