Water Temp v wetsuit

Tried my new wetsuit out at the Y. Water temp around 80. Works very well, but too warm to do much of a workout. Question: What water temp would be the line for wetsuit or no wetsuit? Is there a temp set by the event?
Parents
  • I dislike the word because it can connote backwardness, narrow-mindedness, and intolerance... but yes, that's at least part of it. I am not a traditionalist in most aspects of my life, but in sports I think it often makes sense. Should we allow aluminum bats in major league baseball? Should we lower the rim to 8 feet in basketball? I would certainly benefit from a paddles-and-buoy event in pool swimming, but I'd never seriously argue for the establishment of one. If "tradition" is good enough for Kevin Murphy and Nick Adams (CS&PF), Mike Read and Julie Bradshaw (CSA), Forrest Nelson and Carol Sing (CCSF), Morty Berger (MIMS & Ederle), Phil Rush (Cook Strait), etc. etc. -- and all those who came before them - then it's good enough for me.
  • I dislike the word because it can connote backwardness, narrow-mindedness, and intolerance... but yes, that's at least part of it. I am not a traditionalist in most aspects of my life, but in sports I think it often makes sense. Should we allow aluminum bats in major league baseball? Should we lower the rim to 8 feet in basketball? I would certainly benefit from a paddles-and-buoy event in pool swimming, but I'd never seriously argue for the establishment of one. If "tradition" is good enough for Kevin Murphy and Nick Adams (CS&PF), Mike Read and Julie Bradshaw (CSA), Forrest Nelson and Carol Sing (CCSF), Morty Berger (MIMS & Ederle), Phil Rush (Cook Strait), etc. etc. -- and all those who came before them - then it's good enough for me.
Children
No Data