Water Temp v wetsuit

Tried my new wetsuit out at the Y. Water temp around 80. Works very well, but too warm to do much of a workout. Question: What water temp would be the line for wetsuit or no wetsuit? Is there a temp set by the event?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 12 years ago
    I have stopped wearing goggles in the salt water if my swim is 2 miles or less. I find I can sight and navigate better. I tend to swim in clean waters though. One less thing to worry about. My main peeve with the wetsuits is taking them off. sounds like you've acclimated your eyes to the salt. is that for events or for saltwater training swims too? and are your eyes irritated/red afterwards?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 12 years ago
    I have stopped wearing goggles in the salt water if my swim is 2 miles or less. I find I can sight and navigate better. I tend to swim in clean waters though. One less thing to worry about. My main peeve with the wetsuits is taking them off. sounds like you've acclimated your eyes to the salt. is that for events or for saltwater training swims too? and are your eyes irritated/red afterwards?
Children
No Data