Water Temp v wetsuit

Tried my new wetsuit out at the Y. Water temp around 80. Works very well, but too warm to do much of a workout. Question: What water temp would be the line for wetsuit or no wetsuit? Is there a temp set by the event?
Parents
  • shoes are more analogous to goggles than to wetsuits since both shoes and goggles 1) are worn to a prevent physical harm that cannot be mitigated by training and 2) are worn even though they carry competitive disadvantages, such as time lost during T1 and T2 to put on shoes, and a loss (?) of stream line in the case of goggles. goggles also correct vision. I have stopped wearing goggles in the salt water if my swim is 2 miles or less. I find I can sight and navigate better. I tend to swim in clean waters though. One less thing to worry about. My main peeve with the wetsuits is taking them off.
  • shoes are more analogous to goggles than to wetsuits since both shoes and goggles 1) are worn to a prevent physical harm that cannot be mitigated by training and 2) are worn even though they carry competitive disadvantages, such as time lost during T1 and T2 to put on shoes, and a loss (?) of stream line in the case of goggles. goggles also correct vision. I have stopped wearing goggles in the salt water if my swim is 2 miles or less. I find I can sight and navigate better. I tend to swim in clean waters though. One less thing to worry about. My main peeve with the wetsuits is taking them off.
Children
No Data