Water Temp v wetsuit

Tried my new wetsuit out at the Y. Water temp around 80. Works very well, but too warm to do much of a workout. Question: What water temp would be the line for wetsuit or no wetsuit? Is there a temp set by the event?
Parents
  • There is just this purist holier than thou attitude among some OW swimmers (all present company excepted, of course :) ) who see a wetsuit as a crutch.Chris, as a member of the purist holier than thou OW swimmer sect, I don’t see wetsuits as a crutch I see wetsuits as equipment; similar to cap and goggles. But I guess it depends on your definition of crutch. If you mean it as something that supports somebody who is otherwise liable to falter, then I agree that things such as goggles and wetsuits are crutches. Note to Evan… I’m not sure where you find your wetsuits and crutches, by my wetsuit doesn’t look like or smell like a crutch .;)
  • There is just this purist holier than thou attitude among some OW swimmers (all present company excepted, of course :) ) who see a wetsuit as a crutch.Chris, as a member of the purist holier than thou OW swimmer sect, I don’t see wetsuits as a crutch I see wetsuits as equipment; similar to cap and goggles. But I guess it depends on your definition of crutch. If you mean it as something that supports somebody who is otherwise liable to falter, then I agree that things such as goggles and wetsuits are crutches. Note to Evan… I’m not sure where you find your wetsuits and crutches, by my wetsuit doesn’t look like or smell like a crutch .;)
Children
No Data