Water Temp v wetsuit

Tried my new wetsuit out at the Y. Water temp around 80. Works very well, but too warm to do much of a workout. Question: What water temp would be the line for wetsuit or no wetsuit? Is there a temp set by the event?
Parents
  • What she said. Listen to the Chicken. There is just this purist holier than thou attitude among some OW swimmers... who see a wetsuit as a crutch. Of course it's a crutch! Unless wearing a wetsuit is inherently pleasurable - which I doubt even the most enthusiastic wetsuit proponents believe - then it follows that it is a crutch. Why do people wear wetsuits? Why do they spend the money to buy them, or take the time to put them on, or put up with the chaffing they cause? Because they think the water is too cold, or because they think it will make them faster. Looks like a crutch... walks like a crutch... smells like a crutch....
  • What she said. Listen to the Chicken. There is just this purist holier than thou attitude among some OW swimmers... who see a wetsuit as a crutch. Of course it's a crutch! Unless wearing a wetsuit is inherently pleasurable - which I doubt even the most enthusiastic wetsuit proponents believe - then it follows that it is a crutch. Why do people wear wetsuits? Why do they spend the money to buy them, or take the time to put them on, or put up with the chaffing they cause? Because they think the water is too cold, or because they think it will make them faster. Looks like a crutch... walks like a crutch... smells like a crutch....
Children
No Data