Considering open water swimming...

Former Member
Former Member
I am considering Round the Sound for my first open water swim. Of course I've swum in lakes and creeks and the ocean before, but not like this. The only "competitive" swimming for me has been in a pool. Is there anything I can do to get ready by swimming in a pool?
Parents
  • To have good time in the open water the first thing you must do is train. Either in the pool or in the open water you must swim. Training for the open water can be done, I feel, 90% in the pool. But the experience of swimming in the open water, while similar, is not the same. The open water changes with the time of day, weather and season. There are weeds, fish, waves, rocks, trees and sun in the open water all that make for a different experience for almost every swim. So consider it strongly to do. You will not regret doing so.:bliss:
  • To have good time in the open water the first thing you must do is train. Either in the pool or in the open water you must swim. Training for the open water can be done, I feel, 90% in the pool. But the experience of swimming in the open water, while similar, is not the same. The open water changes with the time of day, weather and season. There are weeds, fish, waves, rocks, trees and sun in the open water all that make for a different experience for almost every swim. So consider it strongly to do. You will not regret doing so.:bliss:
Children
No Data