SwimTrek

Former Member
Former Member
Has anyone done a SwimTrek trip? Not hardcore, but sounds like a lot of fun! www.swimtrek.com :)
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    Hi everyone, I'm considering doing a Swimtrek holiday, but there are a few things I'd like some info on if possible. First, I'd have to go on my own, as although I have a lot of very fit friends, unfortunately none of them are keen swimmers - I run and cycle with them, but they all seem to hate the water!! Would it be a problem going on my own as a female? Second, what about wetsuits? I only swim in a pool at present, and although I can swim the distances recommended in the brochure, I've never swum in open water, and wouldn't know whether or not to invest in a wetsuit. Or can you hire them from Swimtrek? Do they provide any kit? Third, I'm a vegetarian. Do you think I'd have any problems with that, or do Swimtrek cater for this? I realise that it would be very important to get enough calories in for the long swims. Fourth, sunburn! I'm a pale Scottish lass, and I'm a bit worried about reports on this forum about sunburn - I wouldn't stand a chance!! Any tips? Thanks all, fifi
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    Hi everyone, I'm considering doing a Swimtrek holiday, but there are a few things I'd like some info on if possible. First, I'd have to go on my own, as although I have a lot of very fit friends, unfortunately none of them are keen swimmers - I run and cycle with them, but they all seem to hate the water!! Would it be a problem going on my own as a female? Second, what about wetsuits? I only swim in a pool at present, and although I can swim the distances recommended in the brochure, I've never swum in open water, and wouldn't know whether or not to invest in a wetsuit. Or can you hire them from Swimtrek? Do they provide any kit? Third, I'm a vegetarian. Do you think I'd have any problems with that, or do Swimtrek cater for this? I realise that it would be very important to get enough calories in for the long swims. Fourth, sunburn! I'm a pale Scottish lass, and I'm a bit worried about reports on this forum about sunburn - I wouldn't stand a chance!! Any tips? Thanks all, fifi
Children
No Data