SwimTrek

Former Member
Former Member
Has anyone done a SwimTrek trip? Not hardcore, but sounds like a lot of fun! www.swimtrek.com :)
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    I did the Croatia trip last August and loved it so much that I am going to Malta this year. Re: how strenuous (or not) the trip was, previous to Swimtrek I had been only a recreational swimmer except for training for a triathlon 20 years ago. Six months before my Swimtrek I worked with a coach who taught me bilateral breathing and helped me refine my basic technique. Before I left I felt confident and well prepared. This first day of our swim the water was very choppy and on the second day the current was so strong that anytime you paused to rest you were pushed back 500m within moments. Suffice to say, early on i wasn't having much fun! On the third day things went swimmingly (pun intended) and I really began enjoying myself. The boat pilot and guides were great too. I felt very safe, well cared for and well fed. What more could you want?! When you go, buy a local map and plot out your route; it makes a great souvenir of your adventure and it impresses the folks at home too!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    I did the Croatia trip last August and loved it so much that I am going to Malta this year. Re: how strenuous (or not) the trip was, previous to Swimtrek I had been only a recreational swimmer except for training for a triathlon 20 years ago. Six months before my Swimtrek I worked with a coach who taught me bilateral breathing and helped me refine my basic technique. Before I left I felt confident and well prepared. This first day of our swim the water was very choppy and on the second day the current was so strong that anytime you paused to rest you were pushed back 500m within moments. Suffice to say, early on i wasn't having much fun! On the third day things went swimmingly (pun intended) and I really began enjoying myself. The boat pilot and guides were great too. I felt very safe, well cared for and well fed. What more could you want?! When you go, buy a local map and plot out your route; it makes a great souvenir of your adventure and it impresses the folks at home too!
Children
No Data