SwimTrek

Former Member
Former Member
Has anyone done a SwimTrek trip? Not hardcore, but sounds like a lot of fun! www.swimtrek.com :)
Parents
  • Hi Everyone: As a part-time swim guide the past 2 years for Swim-Trek's Croatia trip & and as a customer 3 years ago on the Greece trip, I've enjoyed reading the postings. For the Croatia trip, bring some good walking shoes (there's a 1-hour hike to the Krka waterfalls and there can be some shorter island hikes that are on rocky trails). The Croatia trips stay at Privic (when there is one trip going, you stay the whole week there - when two concurrent trips are running, you spend 3-days at Privic and 3-days at another location). The reason I mention this is that the Hotel Maestral on Privic will require you to hand over your passport while staying there but there is absolutely nothing to worry about. This island town is very small and the people exceptionally friendly. And as someone mentioned, the after dinner liquor they serve is like rocket fuel - one is all you need! And the Greece trip is equally great with a lot of hiking (at least when I did it 3 years ago). I hope all of you have a great time - the guides love what they're doing and do whatevery they can to make sure you have the vacation of a lifetime. And for those of you who wish you could sign up today but just can't justify going all the way over to Croatia or Greece, you can check out www.bajaex.com/.../SwimmingExpedition.html I've been working with Baja Expeditions in La Paz Mexico (they've been leading kayaking & whale watching trips for 25 years) and in October they will be offering 2 1-week swimming expeditions in La Paz. If anyone has any other questions about Swim Trek, I can give you my spin both as a customer and as a guide. Gary
  • Hi Everyone: As a part-time swim guide the past 2 years for Swim-Trek's Croatia trip & and as a customer 3 years ago on the Greece trip, I've enjoyed reading the postings. For the Croatia trip, bring some good walking shoes (there's a 1-hour hike to the Krka waterfalls and there can be some shorter island hikes that are on rocky trails). The Croatia trips stay at Privic (when there is one trip going, you stay the whole week there - when two concurrent trips are running, you spend 3-days at Privic and 3-days at another location). The reason I mention this is that the Hotel Maestral on Privic will require you to hand over your passport while staying there but there is absolutely nothing to worry about. This island town is very small and the people exceptionally friendly. And as someone mentioned, the after dinner liquor they serve is like rocket fuel - one is all you need! And the Greece trip is equally great with a lot of hiking (at least when I did it 3 years ago). I hope all of you have a great time - the guides love what they're doing and do whatevery they can to make sure you have the vacation of a lifetime. And for those of you who wish you could sign up today but just can't justify going all the way over to Croatia or Greece, you can check out www.bajaex.com/.../SwimmingExpedition.html I've been working with Baja Expeditions in La Paz Mexico (they've been leading kayaking & whale watching trips for 25 years) and in October they will be offering 2 1-week swimming expeditions in La Paz. If anyone has any other questions about Swim Trek, I can give you my spin both as a customer and as a guide. Gary
Children
No Data