SwimTrek

Former Member
Former Member
Has anyone done a SwimTrek trip? Not hardcore, but sounds like a lot of fun! www.swimtrek.com :)
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    Thanks for all the trip reports! I'm considering Croatia as the most immediately doable for me. All the details - hillwalking, sunburn, divided groups, take my flippers - are great beta! Any problems with security? Entrusting your passport and ticket home to others while out frolicking? Did you use special goggles for saltwater swimming? Thanks, VB The hotel desk clerk in Prvic asked for our passports when we checked in, which was a little un-nerving, but they put them in a safe so we didn't have to worry about it. We came back there every night, Swimtrek has largely done away with the format of swimming from island to island and staying in a different one each night. My luggage got left behind in Frankfurt, but was delivered in time to go to the island the next day. Luckily, the suits and goggles were in the carry-on bag. A good reason to arrive a day or two early. I used my ordinary goggles, one in a dark tint and one clear. Just don't touch the parts of you that are vaselined and then touch your goggles! If you have to stay overnight in Split either coming or going, stay in the center of town, it's actually easier to get to the airport or the island from there because the bus stop is there.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    Thanks for all the trip reports! I'm considering Croatia as the most immediately doable for me. All the details - hillwalking, sunburn, divided groups, take my flippers - are great beta! Any problems with security? Entrusting your passport and ticket home to others while out frolicking? Did you use special goggles for saltwater swimming? Thanks, VB The hotel desk clerk in Prvic asked for our passports when we checked in, which was a little un-nerving, but they put them in a safe so we didn't have to worry about it. We came back there every night, Swimtrek has largely done away with the format of swimming from island to island and staying in a different one each night. My luggage got left behind in Frankfurt, but was delivered in time to go to the island the next day. Luckily, the suits and goggles were in the carry-on bag. A good reason to arrive a day or two early. I used my ordinary goggles, one in a dark tint and one clear. Just don't touch the parts of you that are vaselined and then touch your goggles! If you have to stay overnight in Split either coming or going, stay in the center of town, it's actually easier to get to the airport or the island from there because the bus stop is there.
Children
No Data