SwimTrek

Former Member
Former Member
Has anyone done a SwimTrek trip? Not hardcore, but sounds like a lot of fun! www.swimtrek.com :)
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    I did Croatia last fall and had a great time. The first night they have everyone swim a set distance to decide who goes in the fast group and who belongs in the slow group. On ours, one person was sort of in-between. She was about my speed, but got much colder waiting for the others to catch up and couldn't get on with a wetsuit so was given fins and moved up to the fast group. I had to slow down from time to time to let the other two "slows" catch up, but that was okay, it was not a competition. The recommended train-to distance for this trip was 5k. I only made it to 4, but since they shortened the swims slightly for us slower people, it wasn't a problem. I just wish I'd done some really hilly hikes to prepare for the walking part. The swims were no problem, but my feet and legs really suffered walking over all those hills.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    I did Croatia last fall and had a great time. The first night they have everyone swim a set distance to decide who goes in the fast group and who belongs in the slow group. On ours, one person was sort of in-between. She was about my speed, but got much colder waiting for the others to catch up and couldn't get on with a wetsuit so was given fins and moved up to the fast group. I had to slow down from time to time to let the other two "slows" catch up, but that was okay, it was not a competition. The recommended train-to distance for this trip was 5k. I only made it to 4, but since they shortened the swims slightly for us slower people, it wasn't a problem. I just wish I'd done some really hilly hikes to prepare for the walking part. The swims were no problem, but my feet and legs really suffered walking over all those hills.
Children
No Data