SwimTrek

Former Member
Former Member
Has anyone done a SwimTrek trip? Not hardcore, but sounds like a lot of fun! www.swimtrek.com :)
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    I did the Greek Cyclades trip last June and it was fantastic. Days spent on a sailing yacht and in the water, nights in a comfortable hotel. The food was great, on one of the islands there was a restaurant run by two brothers with the most delicious food I can ever remember. I don't think any special prep is needed other than the ability to swim 5-6km in open water at a relaxed pace. On our trip there was a Brit who had only learned to swim recently and only swam *** stroke, he was extremely fit as he was a serious fell(sp?) runner (running up and down mountains - it's a Brit thing) but not speedy by any stretch and caused no problems. My only problem was sunburn, but I was able to buy a chafe-guard shirt and was ok after that. One the longest swim a couple of the slower swimmers wore fins to make it easier to stay with their group. Highly highly recommended!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    I did the Greek Cyclades trip last June and it was fantastic. Days spent on a sailing yacht and in the water, nights in a comfortable hotel. The food was great, on one of the islands there was a restaurant run by two brothers with the most delicious food I can ever remember. I don't think any special prep is needed other than the ability to swim 5-6km in open water at a relaxed pace. On our trip there was a Brit who had only learned to swim recently and only swam *** stroke, he was extremely fit as he was a serious fell(sp?) runner (running up and down mountains - it's a Brit thing) but not speedy by any stretch and caused no problems. My only problem was sunburn, but I was able to buy a chafe-guard shirt and was ok after that. One the longest swim a couple of the slower swimmers wore fins to make it easier to stay with their group. Highly highly recommended!
Children
No Data