Sh-sh-shark!

Former Member
Former Member
You probably know what's coming next. Should I have genuine concerns about having my leg ripped off by a shark, while in the sea? I want to start getting some open water swims in, but being in FL., I'm a bit nervous about it. Any thoughts or suggestions? Peace...
Parents
  • I was in England getting ready to do my English Channel attempt. While waiting on my day to swim, I met the oldest swimmer to successfully swim the Channel in Dover's harbor. He said he wanted to swim the Catalina Channel, but his wife would not let him due to sharks. I was stunned. I had successful swam it the year before and had worried about sharks, but my thoughts were if it is my time to go, what a way to go. I could just see the headlines -"Swimmer killed by shark as he attempts to swim from Catalina Island to the California Coast". How cool would that be!!
  • I was in England getting ready to do my English Channel attempt. While waiting on my day to swim, I met the oldest swimmer to successfully swim the Channel in Dover's harbor. He said he wanted to swim the Catalina Channel, but his wife would not let him due to sharks. I was stunned. I had successful swam it the year before and had worried about sharks, but my thoughts were if it is my time to go, what a way to go. I could just see the headlines -"Swimmer killed by shark as he attempts to swim from Catalina Island to the California Coast". How cool would that be!!
Children
No Data