Sh-sh-shark!

Former Member
Former Member
You probably know what's coming next. Should I have genuine concerns about having my leg ripped off by a shark, while in the sea? I want to start getting some open water swims in, but being in FL., I'm a bit nervous about it. Any thoughts or suggestions? Peace...
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    I live in Hawai`i and yes, shark attacks can happen. However, the odds of it are slim and you're probably more like to be in a car accident. We've had some here and I'm aware that it can happen. I try to stay away where they are generally spotted and hope that they actually tell you if one has been spotted. I've heard of times when they don't. Billy Watkins got eaten by a shark over where you live (at the break on the Lanikai side of Flat Island).
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    I live in Hawai`i and yes, shark attacks can happen. However, the odds of it are slim and you're probably more like to be in a car accident. We've had some here and I'm aware that it can happen. I try to stay away where they are generally spotted and hope that they actually tell you if one has been spotted. I've heard of times when they don't. Billy Watkins got eaten by a shark over where you live (at the break on the Lanikai side of Flat Island).
Children
No Data