Sh-sh-shark!

Former Member
Former Member
You probably know what's coming next. Should I have genuine concerns about having my leg ripped off by a shark, while in the sea? I want to start getting some open water swims in, but being in FL., I'm a bit nervous about it. Any thoughts or suggestions? Peace...
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    Ron, I'm envious, I wish I lived closer to the ocean...one day. I would join you for that swim out to B buoy, however I would certainly be a lot more on edge than say an OW swim in the Caribbean. There's only a few places on Earth that is "Great White territory" and you are swimming in one of them. But, the odds are in your favor, the risk is small. Still, that's a Helluva spot to go out for a long open ocean swim.....
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    Ron, I'm envious, I wish I lived closer to the ocean...one day. I would join you for that swim out to B buoy, however I would certainly be a lot more on edge than say an OW swim in the Caribbean. There's only a few places on Earth that is "Great White territory" and you are swimming in one of them. But, the odds are in your favor, the risk is small. Still, that's a Helluva spot to go out for a long open ocean swim.....
Children
No Data