Sh-sh-shark!

Former Member
Former Member
You probably know what's coming next. Should I have genuine concerns about having my leg ripped off by a shark, while in the sea? I want to start getting some open water swims in, but being in FL., I'm a bit nervous about it. Any thoughts or suggestions? Peace...
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    I swam out to the B bouy from La Jolla Cove this afternoon,...several miles south of Solano Beach where the shark attack occurred. It was exhilerating,...63 degree water,...lots of chop,..large swells,...sea lions popping their heads up and a bunch of dolphins cruised in towards La Jolla Shores,......calico bass daring thru the kelp and an eclectic mixture of music on my finis swimp3 player. I wear a red "rash-guard" (because the kelp rubs my arm-pits raw) and bark blue knee length speedos,..my wife says I look like a rapalla fishing lure. The odds of getting killed by a shark or anyother sea creature is small,....the benefits of swimming in the Ocean out-weigh the danger. I swim everyother day in a pool,,,,I hate it,..turn around,,,swim,,,turn around,...80 degree water( yuck!) and chlorine,...not to mention swimming thru the flakes of dis-integrating diapers for the old folks who just got done doing water arobics. ( well,..I am being a bit hyperbolic). OK,..I finished,...and I feel better.:violin:
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    I swam out to the B bouy from La Jolla Cove this afternoon,...several miles south of Solano Beach where the shark attack occurred. It was exhilerating,...63 degree water,...lots of chop,..large swells,...sea lions popping their heads up and a bunch of dolphins cruised in towards La Jolla Shores,......calico bass daring thru the kelp and an eclectic mixture of music on my finis swimp3 player. I wear a red "rash-guard" (because the kelp rubs my arm-pits raw) and bark blue knee length speedos,..my wife says I look like a rapalla fishing lure. The odds of getting killed by a shark or anyother sea creature is small,....the benefits of swimming in the Ocean out-weigh the danger. I swim everyother day in a pool,,,,I hate it,..turn around,,,swim,,,turn around,...80 degree water( yuck!) and chlorine,...not to mention swimming thru the flakes of dis-integrating diapers for the old folks who just got done doing water arobics. ( well,..I am being a bit hyperbolic). OK,..I finished,...and I feel better.:violin:
Children
No Data