Sh-sh-shark!

Former Member
Former Member
You probably know what's coming next. Should I have genuine concerns about having my leg ripped off by a shark, while in the sea? I want to start getting some open water swims in, but being in FL., I'm a bit nervous about it. Any thoughts or suggestions? Peace...
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    We swim in their living room,...not too much of a surprise when one of us is dealt with. Very true. When we enter the ocean we also immediately enter the food chain. Here's a Mexican newspaper photo of that surfers leg, no wonder he died. I don't think they'd run photos like that in our newspapers... Photo shows the large shark attack wound to surfer Adrian Ruiz's leg WARNING: Graphic Photo: www.underwatertimes.com/news.php I just checked the ISAF, for anyone doing the Bonaire Eco Swim there has only been 2 recorded shark attacks (non-fatal) in the Netherland Antilles since the year 1749. I think we are safe. :-)
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    We swim in their living room,...not too much of a surprise when one of us is dealt with. Very true. When we enter the ocean we also immediately enter the food chain. Here's a Mexican newspaper photo of that surfers leg, no wonder he died. I don't think they'd run photos like that in our newspapers... Photo shows the large shark attack wound to surfer Adrian Ruiz's leg WARNING: Graphic Photo: www.underwatertimes.com/news.php I just checked the ISAF, for anyone doing the Bonaire Eco Swim there has only been 2 recorded shark attacks (non-fatal) in the Netherland Antilles since the year 1749. I think we are safe. :-)
Children
No Data