Sh-sh-shark!

Former Member
Former Member
You probably know what's coming next. Should I have genuine concerns about having my leg ripped off by a shark, while in the sea? I want to start getting some open water swims in, but being in FL., I'm a bit nervous about it. Any thoughts or suggestions? Peace...
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    Another fatal shark attack, 2nd fatal attack in 4 days... Plus, 3 bites in 3 days at New Smyrna Beach, FL: Sat. 26th, Sun. 27th and Mon. 28th. That's 5 consective days with attacks, 2 fatal. IXTAPA, Mexico (KGO) -- On Tuesday night, friends of a San Francisco man who took a surfing trip to Mexico, got the tragic news that he is the victim of a shark attack. Mexican authorities say it happened off the Southern Pacific Coast at Troncones Beach near the resort town of Ixtapa. The attack happened about 300 yards from shore. abclocal.go.com/.../story TRIVIA: Interesting for movie fans that this attack on Troncones Beach took place very close to Zihuatanejo, the Mexican paradise where Andy and Red go in the end of THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    Another fatal shark attack, 2nd fatal attack in 4 days... Plus, 3 bites in 3 days at New Smyrna Beach, FL: Sat. 26th, Sun. 27th and Mon. 28th. That's 5 consective days with attacks, 2 fatal. IXTAPA, Mexico (KGO) -- On Tuesday night, friends of a San Francisco man who took a surfing trip to Mexico, got the tragic news that he is the victim of a shark attack. Mexican authorities say it happened off the Southern Pacific Coast at Troncones Beach near the resort town of Ixtapa. The attack happened about 300 yards from shore. abclocal.go.com/.../story TRIVIA: Interesting for movie fans that this attack on Troncones Beach took place very close to Zihuatanejo, the Mexican paradise where Andy and Red go in the end of THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION.
Children
No Data