Sh-sh-shark!

Former Member
Former Member
You probably know what's coming next. Should I have genuine concerns about having my leg ripped off by a shark, while in the sea? I want to start getting some open water swims in, but being in FL., I'm a bit nervous about it. Any thoughts or suggestions? Peace...
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    Yeah, THE DEVIL'S TEETH did have an odd ending. Although a great account into the GWS's off the Farallon Islands. I enjoyed it. I am now (re)-reading BLUE MERIDIAN: The Hunt for the Great White Shark. (I ordered the DVD documentary BLUE WATER, WHITE DEATH they were filming in that book from Amazon - can't wait to see it! On a related, more current and important note, SHARKWATER finally came out on DVD this past week. This documentary film is a must-see for all shark enthusiasts. It premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival in 2006 and has since won dozens of film festival awards. Toronto native Rob Stewart and SHARKWATER may be the best thing to happen to sharks yet, counteracting Benchley's novel and Spielberg's film, changing the public's awareness, and spearheading the conservation of this threatened animal. We need to stop this barbaric practice of finning sharks. A fantastic achievement in the growing global movement to protect sharks. And ultimately, to save ourselves... I was absolutely unable to attend the DVD Release party in TO on April 10th but my brother went out to support the cause for me. He got to meet the director Rob Stewart, here's a photo of them together: www.outpost31.com/.../sharkwaterblairrob.jpg I hope all open water swimmers here can check out this film, here's a couple links for info: http://www.sharkwater.com IMDb: www.imdb.com/.../
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    Yeah, THE DEVIL'S TEETH did have an odd ending. Although a great account into the GWS's off the Farallon Islands. I enjoyed it. I am now (re)-reading BLUE MERIDIAN: The Hunt for the Great White Shark. (I ordered the DVD documentary BLUE WATER, WHITE DEATH they were filming in that book from Amazon - can't wait to see it! On a related, more current and important note, SHARKWATER finally came out on DVD this past week. This documentary film is a must-see for all shark enthusiasts. It premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival in 2006 and has since won dozens of film festival awards. Toronto native Rob Stewart and SHARKWATER may be the best thing to happen to sharks yet, counteracting Benchley's novel and Spielberg's film, changing the public's awareness, and spearheading the conservation of this threatened animal. We need to stop this barbaric practice of finning sharks. A fantastic achievement in the growing global movement to protect sharks. And ultimately, to save ourselves... I was absolutely unable to attend the DVD Release party in TO on April 10th but my brother went out to support the cause for me. He got to meet the director Rob Stewart, here's a photo of them together: www.outpost31.com/.../sharkwaterblairrob.jpg I hope all open water swimmers here can check out this film, here's a couple links for info: http://www.sharkwater.com IMDb: www.imdb.com/.../
Children
No Data