Sh-sh-shark!

Former Member
Former Member
You probably know what's coming next. Should I have genuine concerns about having my leg ripped off by a shark, while in the sea? I want to start getting some open water swims in, but being in FL., I'm a bit nervous about it. Any thoughts or suggestions? Peace...
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 18 years ago
    Flagler Beach, Florida. Shark migration begins the end of July. You'd have to watch the news to know exactly when it would end, since it varies. We swim so far offshore because there are two sandbars we need to pass. Sometimes sharks get stuck between the sandbars; we in turn go to the deep water. Additionally, on average we have 10 swimmers on an ocean swim which increases the safety factor. We also do our swims pared back for the slowest swimmers. As a group, it's much safer out there. No one swims alone.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 18 years ago
    Flagler Beach, Florida. Shark migration begins the end of July. You'd have to watch the news to know exactly when it would end, since it varies. We swim so far offshore because there are two sandbars we need to pass. Sometimes sharks get stuck between the sandbars; we in turn go to the deep water. Additionally, on average we have 10 swimmers on an ocean swim which increases the safety factor. We also do our swims pared back for the slowest swimmers. As a group, it's much safer out there. No one swims alone.
Children
No Data