Sh-sh-shark!

Former Member
Former Member
You probably know what's coming next. Should I have genuine concerns about having my leg ripped off by a shark, while in the sea? I want to start getting some open water swims in, but being in FL., I'm a bit nervous about it. Any thoughts or suggestions? Peace...
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 18 years ago
    I was actually bumped by a shark this past Sunday during our ocean swim, glad it was me (the coach) and not one of my swimmers. We swim about 1000 yards offshore to avoid the sandbars. Anyway, we swam back to shore, kept our composure and that was that. Actually, here in Florida most of the sharks are kind of small, so if we do get bit, we just get bit. As opposed to having something bit off. We're getting into shark migration season, so we'll probably be pulling the open water's back a bit.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 18 years ago
    I was actually bumped by a shark this past Sunday during our ocean swim, glad it was me (the coach) and not one of my swimmers. We swim about 1000 yards offshore to avoid the sandbars. Anyway, we swam back to shore, kept our composure and that was that. Actually, here in Florida most of the sharks are kind of small, so if we do get bit, we just get bit. As opposed to having something bit off. We're getting into shark migration season, so we'll probably be pulling the open water's back a bit.
Children
No Data