Sh-sh-shark!

Former Member
Former Member
You probably know what's coming next. Should I have genuine concerns about having my leg ripped off by a shark, while in the sea? I want to start getting some open water swims in, but being in FL., I'm a bit nervous about it. Any thoughts or suggestions? Peace...
Parents
  • Originally posted by mattson I've heard that sharks are attracted to thrashing and splashing, as it mimics the sounds of a wounded fish. Maybe the shark was waiting for that, and grew bored when George's smooth stroke technique didn't change. Good point... and George has also, I suspect, built up the right kind of karma.... Sixty Minutes had an interesting segment on sharks last night... sounded as if they have as much to fear from people as people do from them--especially the people going after shark fins, cutting them off the shark and then throwing the still alive shark back into the water.... that just hurt to see! Self-defense, yes, but deliberate cruelty for a profit? :mad:
  • Originally posted by mattson I've heard that sharks are attracted to thrashing and splashing, as it mimics the sounds of a wounded fish. Maybe the shark was waiting for that, and grew bored when George's smooth stroke technique didn't change. Good point... and George has also, I suspect, built up the right kind of karma.... Sixty Minutes had an interesting segment on sharks last night... sounded as if they have as much to fear from people as people do from them--especially the people going after shark fins, cutting them off the shark and then throwing the still alive shark back into the water.... that just hurt to see! Self-defense, yes, but deliberate cruelty for a profit? :mad:
Children
No Data