Sh-sh-shark!

Former Member
Former Member
You probably know what's coming next. Should I have genuine concerns about having my leg ripped off by a shark, while in the sea? I want to start getting some open water swims in, but being in FL., I'm a bit nervous about it. Any thoughts or suggestions? Peace...
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by F'ueco But the women that do the open water swimming can make it worthwhile as well... THANKS!! as a buddy of mine says, "women who swim tend to have better physiques than those who do not." duh!! by the way, I have a little story about lifeguards and ow swims. Last summer during the 3KM at the World Championships in Riccione (Italy) I got to the 2nd buoy and paused to look around to sight the 3rd (which was VERY far away and impossible to see)... The lifeguard on the boat said, "GO! GO!" and I said, "Which way?" (is that breaking the rules???) The truth is, I took one look and fell in love. So I just hung out for a while, chatting... then decided to proceed with the race when about 5 women had passed me. Never saw the guy again. And yes, that was just an excuse for why I did so poorly at the Champs... :rolleyes:
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by F'ueco But the women that do the open water swimming can make it worthwhile as well... THANKS!! as a buddy of mine says, "women who swim tend to have better physiques than those who do not." duh!! by the way, I have a little story about lifeguards and ow swims. Last summer during the 3KM at the World Championships in Riccione (Italy) I got to the 2nd buoy and paused to look around to sight the 3rd (which was VERY far away and impossible to see)... The lifeguard on the boat said, "GO! GO!" and I said, "Which way?" (is that breaking the rules???) The truth is, I took one look and fell in love. So I just hung out for a while, chatting... then decided to proceed with the race when about 5 women had passed me. Never saw the guy again. And yes, that was just an excuse for why I did so poorly at the Champs... :rolleyes:
Children
No Data