Sh-sh-shark!

Former Member
Former Member
You probably know what's coming next. Should I have genuine concerns about having my leg ripped off by a shark, while in the sea? I want to start getting some open water swims in, but being in FL., I'm a bit nervous about it. Any thoughts or suggestions? Peace...
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Maybe you've already seen this... I did a google and found a VERY cool site about SHARK ATTACK QUOTE: Year 2000 USA Beach Injuries and Fatalities *From within the jurisdictions of 68 USLA East and West Coast ocean lifeguard agencies* Here are what the real odds are based on the data below: Drowning and other beach-related fatalites 1 in 2 million Drowning fatalites 1 in 3.5 million Shark attacks 1 in 11.5 million Shark attack fatalites 0 in 264.1 million There's also a page with Reducing the Risk of a Shark Encounter Enjoy your swim! Mary
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Maybe you've already seen this... I did a google and found a VERY cool site about SHARK ATTACK QUOTE: Year 2000 USA Beach Injuries and Fatalities *From within the jurisdictions of 68 USLA East and West Coast ocean lifeguard agencies* Here are what the real odds are based on the data below: Drowning and other beach-related fatalites 1 in 2 million Drowning fatalites 1 in 3.5 million Shark attacks 1 in 11.5 million Shark attack fatalites 0 in 264.1 million There's also a page with Reducing the Risk of a Shark Encounter Enjoy your swim! Mary
Children
No Data