Sh-sh-shark!

Former Member
Former Member
You probably know what's coming next. Should I have genuine concerns about having my leg ripped off by a shark, while in the sea? I want to start getting some open water swims in, but being in FL., I'm a bit nervous about it. Any thoughts or suggestions? Peace...
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    I lived on St. Simons Isl, a barrier island off the coast of GA, slightly north of Jacksonville, Fl, for most of my childhood and teen years. Never once heard of anyone being attacked by a shark. Just do some commonsense things.... don't swim in schools of fish that would attrack hungry sharks. Sharks sometimes get trapped between sandbars and the beach when the tide is low because they followed fish into the shallow watter when the tide was high Others may be able to give you hints on what colors not to wear. I'm not up on that. Lainey
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    I lived on St. Simons Isl, a barrier island off the coast of GA, slightly north of Jacksonville, Fl, for most of my childhood and teen years. Never once heard of anyone being attacked by a shark. Just do some commonsense things.... don't swim in schools of fish that would attrack hungry sharks. Sharks sometimes get trapped between sandbars and the beach when the tide is low because they followed fish into the shallow watter when the tide was high Others may be able to give you hints on what colors not to wear. I'm not up on that. Lainey
Children
No Data