Prescription swimming goggles

Former Member
Former Member
Can anyone help me understand how to figure out what strength of swimming goggles will work with my prescription? They all seem to be in negative numbers but my prescription is in positive numbers. i just want to be able to see the pace clock and my workouts without having to swim in my contacts.
Parents
  • I swim with Jayhawk and we were just discussing this very issue this past week! I also am farsighted and I have had a challenging time finding prescription goggles with a +diopter. I have been using a a pair made my Hilco. They are available from a company called AC Lens, and a few other places. They cost close to $40.00, with the shipping, but they have been a real lifesaver for me. I can't read the pace clock or the workouts without them. They are not the greatest goggles, but they get the job done. They stay in place for flip turns and starting off the blocks, and they don't really leak, but after about 6 months this pair is really showing a lot of wear and tear. I got advice from my eye doctor about how to order. For me she had suggested +2.5, but they only come in "whole sizes" so I got the +2.0 and that was perfect. The Hilco goggles are modular, so you can order each eye separately. I had previously found a verrrry inexpensive pair of hyperoptic googles at Swim Outlet. They surprised me by being BIFOCALS!!!!. Only the bottom half of the lens had the prescription. They did not work well for me, too hard to focus, but others may find them useful. I hope this helps.
  • I swim with Jayhawk and we were just discussing this very issue this past week! I also am farsighted and I have had a challenging time finding prescription goggles with a +diopter. I have been using a a pair made my Hilco. They are available from a company called AC Lens, and a few other places. They cost close to $40.00, with the shipping, but they have been a real lifesaver for me. I can't read the pace clock or the workouts without them. They are not the greatest goggles, but they get the job done. They stay in place for flip turns and starting off the blocks, and they don't really leak, but after about 6 months this pair is really showing a lot of wear and tear. I got advice from my eye doctor about how to order. For me she had suggested +2.5, but they only come in "whole sizes" so I got the +2.0 and that was perfect. The Hilco goggles are modular, so you can order each eye separately. I had previously found a verrrry inexpensive pair of hyperoptic googles at Swim Outlet. They surprised me by being BIFOCALS!!!!. Only the bottom half of the lens had the prescription. They did not work well for me, too hard to focus, but others may find them useful. I hope this helps.
Children
No Data