Swimming and diabetes

I've been reading the forums for awhile now and thought it would be useful to have a thread where people can talk about their experiences of swimming with diabetes. I was diagnosed with Type II last summer and started Metformin. I've had conflicting advice about diet and have found that what works best for me is low carb. I had been swimming about 1500 meters three or four times a week prior to diagnosis. As I have increased my yardage to 5000 meters five or six times a week, my blood sugar has been easier to manage (down from 196 to 105) without hypoglycemia. I am still learning about supplements. I am very interested in other people's experiences and that you have found helpful. Thanks!
Parents
  • Wow... My mother has Type II, maybe I should get her in the pool instead of walking. Hi, Mino. I think walking is great, too, especially for people who don't like to get wet! Tell your Mom about Mark Hyman's Blood Sugar Solution. It helped me enormously with lots of encouragement and a plan that really works!
  • Wow... My mother has Type II, maybe I should get her in the pool instead of walking. Hi, Mino. I think walking is great, too, especially for people who don't like to get wet! Tell your Mom about Mark Hyman's Blood Sugar Solution. It helped me enormously with lots of encouragement and a plan that really works!
Children
No Data