Swimming and diabetes

I've been reading the forums for awhile now and thought it would be useful to have a thread where people can talk about their experiences of swimming with diabetes. I was diagnosed with Type II last summer and started Metformin. I've had conflicting advice about diet and have found that what works best for me is low carb. I had been swimming about 1500 meters three or four times a week prior to diagnosis. As I have increased my yardage to 5000 meters five or six times a week, my blood sugar has been easier to manage (down from 196 to 105) without hypoglycemia. I am still learning about supplements. I am very interested in other people's experiences and that you have found helpful. Thanks!
Parents
  • I have type two diabetes - I was at the lab the other morning to have a blood test. The lab opens at 7:00 am. I was there about 5 minute before it opened, there was a line up of 4 people ahead of me. Two guys were having an argument about who was there first. The lab technichian came and opend the door. A 75 year old said he was first and a 90 year old said no, I am first. The 75 year old started pushing his way in but the 90 year old grabbed him and started pulling the other guy back. The 90 year wrestled with the younger guy, the younger guy said I was first I sat in my car until opening time so I am going in first. The lab technician settled the argument and let the 90 year old go first. What a good start to a morning. Hi, George. Thanks for the lab story. I fondly think about slapping on my own tourniquet and taking my own blood sample as I watch the lab move at glacial pace. You didn't say how you are doing. So, how are you doing? Are you combining diet, exercise and/or meds? Good luck, and thanks for resurrecting the thread.
  • I have type two diabetes - I was at the lab the other morning to have a blood test. The lab opens at 7:00 am. I was there about 5 minute before it opened, there was a line up of 4 people ahead of me. Two guys were having an argument about who was there first. The lab technichian came and opend the door. A 75 year old said he was first and a 90 year old said no, I am first. The 75 year old started pushing his way in but the 90 year old grabbed him and started pulling the other guy back. The 90 year wrestled with the younger guy, the younger guy said I was first I sat in my car until opening time so I am going in first. The lab technician settled the argument and let the 90 year old go first. What a good start to a morning. Hi, George. Thanks for the lab story. I fondly think about slapping on my own tourniquet and taking my own blood sample as I watch the lab move at glacial pace. You didn't say how you are doing. So, how are you doing? Are you combining diet, exercise and/or meds? Good luck, and thanks for resurrecting the thread.
Children
No Data