Information about how to start a high school swim team

Former Member
Former Member
Hello everyone, I am a college student and currently I am writing a research paper on how to start a high school swim team. Also how it is beneficial to the community, athletes, and school. If you have any information that would be relevant to this subject please help! It is much appreciated! Thank you!
Parents
  • in my highschool in the early 90's school were required to see if they already had someone on staff capable of being a coach before hiring a person to only be a coach. so the swim coach was a teacher at the school. in other cases, coaches get teaching jobs because the school wants them as a teacher. it might be worth checking with the district if they have room for another team. maybe they already have 6 and adding a 7th would cost the district more money. uniforms in swimming atleast at my school var minimal. we had a t-shirt and suit. in college they were loaners. we borrowed them for the swim season but had to hand them in after our conference meet. seniors usually got to keep theirs.
  • in my highschool in the early 90's school were required to see if they already had someone on staff capable of being a coach before hiring a person to only be a coach. so the swim coach was a teacher at the school. in other cases, coaches get teaching jobs because the school wants them as a teacher. it might be worth checking with the district if they have room for another team. maybe they already have 6 and adding a 7th would cost the district more money. uniforms in swimming atleast at my school var minimal. we had a t-shirt and suit. in college they were loaners. we borrowed them for the swim season but had to hand them in after our conference meet. seniors usually got to keep theirs.
Children
No Data