Information about how to start a high school swim team

Former Member
Former Member
Hello everyone, I am a college student and currently I am writing a research paper on how to start a high school swim team. Also how it is beneficial to the community, athletes, and school. If you have any information that would be relevant to this subject please help! It is much appreciated! Thank you!
Parents
  • Hello everyone, I am a college student and currently I am writing a research paper on how to start a high school swim team. Also how it is beneficial to the community, athletes, and school. If you have any information that would be relevant to this subject please help! It is much appreciated! Thank you! From the United States Swimming website... a good set of questions to think about before starting a club (even though these are not directly high school related)... may help you think about areas for research with a few local high schools who have, or are planning teams. You may want to talk with schools that have been both successful, and those who had to drop teams. www.usaswimming.org/ViewMiscArticle.aspx Make sure to speak with the coach, any parent organization that supports the team, and also the Athletic Director. Many people forget that the Athletic Director often has to schedule within conference and State events, and also may do administrative duties relevant to insurance, maintenance, travel, etc. Not sure if you're considering affiliation with whatever state organizations oversee the schools, but there are almost universally state bodies that govern athletics. As example, here is a coaches certification page from the Illinois High School Association: www.ihsa.org/.../coach_certification.htm I would suggest finding your local State organization and contacting them about what is required (or you could solicit several if your paper is intended to generally cover any/all states).
  • Hello everyone, I am a college student and currently I am writing a research paper on how to start a high school swim team. Also how it is beneficial to the community, athletes, and school. If you have any information that would be relevant to this subject please help! It is much appreciated! Thank you! From the United States Swimming website... a good set of questions to think about before starting a club (even though these are not directly high school related)... may help you think about areas for research with a few local high schools who have, or are planning teams. You may want to talk with schools that have been both successful, and those who had to drop teams. www.usaswimming.org/ViewMiscArticle.aspx Make sure to speak with the coach, any parent organization that supports the team, and also the Athletic Director. Many people forget that the Athletic Director often has to schedule within conference and State events, and also may do administrative duties relevant to insurance, maintenance, travel, etc. Not sure if you're considering affiliation with whatever state organizations oversee the schools, but there are almost universally state bodies that govern athletics. As example, here is a coaches certification page from the Illinois High School Association: www.ihsa.org/.../coach_certification.htm I would suggest finding your local State organization and contacting them about what is required (or you could solicit several if your paper is intended to generally cover any/all states).
Children
No Data