Swim Stories

Please share your true swimming stories of remarkable feats, inspiring, interesting or unsual. Today Sat Jan 22nd, 2010 at the end of my blog I retold a story I heard UT Men's assistant coach tell the mens team this morning. Please share yours. I look forward to reading them. Let's gather round the fire and be amazed. Swim Faster Faster, Ande
Parents
  • My sophomore year, one of our swimmers trained for the 1M springboard to try to steal points there. A friend of mine did just that in a dual meet against Indiana. We found out they only had only diver (albeit one hell of a diver--Mark Lenzi) on the travel team so my coach decided to let my friend train as a diver that week. Basically he just had to complete his dives to score points. We ended up winning the meet because of diving. Apparently Doc wasn't real happy on the bus afterward!
  • My sophomore year, one of our swimmers trained for the 1M springboard to try to steal points there. A friend of mine did just that in a dual meet against Indiana. We found out they only had only diver (albeit one hell of a diver--Mark Lenzi) on the travel team so my coach decided to let my friend train as a diver that week. Basically he just had to complete his dives to score points. We ended up winning the meet because of diving. Apparently Doc wasn't real happy on the bus afterward!
Children
No Data