Swim Stories

Please share your true swimming stories of remarkable feats, inspiring, interesting or unsual. Today Sat Jan 22nd, 2010 at the end of my blog I retold a story I heard UT Men's assistant coach tell the mens team this morning. Please share yours. I look forward to reading them. Let's gather round the fire and be amazed. Swim Faster Faster, Ande
Parents
  • I was inspired yesterday. The pool was closed for my usual lunch-time swim because the university team had a meet against Army. Since I was in that area of campus at that time anyway, I decided to stop by and watch a few races. Among other races, I caught the women's 200 back. What a race! A woman from Army held the lead by about 0.5-0.75 body length for most of the race. She was trailed by one of the women from the home squad. At the end of the 7th length the trailing swimmer put down a fantastic turn. She got a ferocious push-off and stayed down much longer than the leader. When they surfaced the Army swimmer was only ahead by a head. Everyone started screaming and cheering. The home-squad swimmer slipped by right at the end for the win. I really respect that. Basically she won the 200 back on the 7th turn. That 7th turn is soooo hard and she really nailed it.
  • I was inspired yesterday. The pool was closed for my usual lunch-time swim because the university team had a meet against Army. Since I was in that area of campus at that time anyway, I decided to stop by and watch a few races. Among other races, I caught the women's 200 back. What a race! A woman from Army held the lead by about 0.5-0.75 body length for most of the race. She was trailed by one of the women from the home squad. At the end of the 7th length the trailing swimmer put down a fantastic turn. She got a ferocious push-off and stayed down much longer than the leader. When they surfaced the Army swimmer was only ahead by a head. Everyone started screaming and cheering. The home-squad swimmer slipped by right at the end for the win. I really respect that. Basically she won the 200 back on the 7th turn. That 7th turn is soooo hard and she really nailed it.
Children
No Data