According to new study Chlorinated pools may lead to cancer

Has anyone else seen this information? I have been swimming regularly in chlorinated pools my whole life. Frankly, this really scares me. Can anyone make me feel better about this? I don't plan to stop swimming any time soon. Your thoughts? www.everymantri.com/.../swimming-in-chlorinated-pools-may-lead-to-cancer-new-studies-find.html
Parents
  • Oh and I forgot to mention a couple more things: 1) These pools are public pools, meaning people who use them are less likely to be people who take care of them (as opposed to the high school pools I swim in for my practices) 2) There were only 3 studies done by my count. In one of those studies: They identified more than 100 chemical byproducts in the water. Many were toxic. Some had never been found in swimming pools or in chlorine-treated drinking water. 3) These were also in Barcelona Spain. I'm not really keen on the regulations and rules, but perhaps the standards and rules are different between Spain and America? Just my :2cents:
  • Oh and I forgot to mention a couple more things: 1) These pools are public pools, meaning people who use them are less likely to be people who take care of them (as opposed to the high school pools I swim in for my practices) 2) There were only 3 studies done by my count. In one of those studies: They identified more than 100 chemical byproducts in the water. Many were toxic. Some had never been found in swimming pools or in chlorine-treated drinking water. 3) These were also in Barcelona Spain. I'm not really keen on the regulations and rules, but perhaps the standards and rules are different between Spain and America? Just my :2cents:
Children
No Data